JIRA is the recognised Residents Association for Jacob's Island, which comprises Providence Square, Providence Tower, and Springalls Wharf.
Projects previously progressed by the JIRA Committee include:
- Improving site security,
- issue of zoned swipe cards,
- unauthorised parking,
- bicycle racks,
- lift problems and maintenance,
- internal and external redecoration,
- buildings insurance,
- improving the main entrance at Providence Square,
- TV/radio reception,
- gym improvements,
- management fee and service level agreement,
- service contracts,
- reserve fund,
- recovery of expenditure.
- Right to Manage
Paid-up members of JIRA are being kept informed, and consulted on expenditure, with regard to all current projects. JIRA does not inform, or consult with, non-members.
Paid-up members are also sent minutes of JIRA meetings. There are normally 5 committee meetings a year including the AGM.