What is JIRA?
JIRA is the Jacob's Island Resident's Association.
Who runs JIRA?
There is a committee comprising officers, project champions and Block representatives.
What does JIRA do?
We aim to act in the best interest of residents (both owners and tenants) at Providence Square, Providence Tower and Springalls Wharf. In particular, we liaise and negotiate with the management company, Peverel OM, in order to press for site improvements (e.g. gardening, security, cleaning etc.) and to reduce management charges.
JIRA membership fees go towards representing your interests as a resident or property owner at the development, as well as funding drinks at the AGM.
Paid up members:
- are kept informed about issues affecting their property. (This information is not posted on the website)
- are consulted about decisions that may affect the development
- automatically receive Committee meeting minutes (~5 p.a.)
- new members are brought up-to-date with current issues when they join.
Jacob’s Island Residents’ Association Data Protection Policy
1. About this Policy
1.1. This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our members; how we use it; how we keep it secure and; your rights in relation to it.
1.2. We may collect, use and store your personal data, as described in this Data Protection Policy and as described when we ask for information from you.
1.3. We will advise you if we amend this Data Protection Policy. Amendments will not be made retrospectively.
1.4. We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the GDPR can be found at the website for the Information Commissioner (www.ico.gov.uk). For the purposes of the GDPR, we will be the “controller” of all personal data we hold about you.
2. Who are we?
3. What information do we collect and why?
Type of information
Legal basis of processing
Members’ name, address, email address and telephone number.
For managing membership of JIRA.
For communicating with JIRA members.
For the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating JIRA.
4. How we protect your personal data
4.1. We will not transfer your personal data without your consent.
4.2. We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction.
4.3. Please note however that where you are transmitting information to us over the internet this can never be guaranteed to be 100 percent secure.
4.4. We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
5. Who else has access to the information you provide us?
5.1. We will never sell your personal data or share it with any third parties.
6. How long do we keep your information?
6.1. We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as you are a member of JIRA.
6.2. We securely destroy all financial information once we no longer need it.
7. Your rights
7.1. You have rights under the GDPR: (a) to access your personal data (b) to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed (c) to have your personal data corrected (d) to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances (e) to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed (f) to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another entity in certain circumstances.
7.2. You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner:
0303 123 1113
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House Water Lane
Cheshire SK9 5AF
JACOB'S ISLAND RESIDENTS' ASSOCIATION - CONSTITUTION
1. The Association shall be known as the Jacob's Island Residents' Association.
2. The Association shall be non-party in politics and non-sectarian.
3. The object of the Association shall be:
- To promote the exercise of residents' rights and the maintenance of their amenities and environment.
- To represent the interests of freeholders, leaseholders and tenants within the local community and with the local authorities, the builders, management company and freeholders.